Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini_gw

N'easter

a2gemini
9 years ago

Hoping all of my east coast GWebbers are safe and "powered" during this Nor'easter.
I remember the Blizzard of 58 (just a pre-schooler), 66 as an elementary kid in PA and of course the blizzard of 78 when I was in Connecticut.
Be smart and be safe.

This post was edited by a2gemini on Tue, Jan 27, 15 at 20:10

Comments (8)

• huango
    9 years ago

Thank you.

It's 9pm and I believe it has finally stopped.
    I think we got 30inches.

We hunkered down; made hot cocoa, hearty soup, and played lots of games.
    LOVE my radiant heat flooring in this weather; also great at warming/drying the wet gloves, socks, hats, etc, so that they're ready for round 2.

DH snowblow (blew?) the driveway today.
    My job is to shovel the deck tomorrow, while he takes the kids to Wachusett skiing. Yup, no school again Wednesday.

This was at 9am this morning:
    We are now serving marshmallow on our patio.
    {{gwi:2134776}}

Amanda

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Amanda- that is amazing. Glad all are safe! Great picnic table snow cam shot.
    We hardly have any snow here compared to last year's record snow. One of my friends sent a picture and you could only see a small piece of car between the drift lines.

• funkycamper
    9 years ago

I love snow days! As long as one still has heat. Heated floors would be especially awesome on days like that. I don't even mind losing power as we have an alternative heat source (wood furnace) but I know not everybody has an option for heat if they lose their power. And that can be dangerous.

We so seldom have snow in our area that it's a real treat when it happens. And a big snow here is like 6". I can't imagine 30". Wow! I'd have to snap the pristine pix ASAP before I'd be out rolling in it and making snow angels and trying to beat DH in a snowball fight.

I don't mean to make light of what could be a hardship and even dangerous for people but snow makes me feel like a kid. I do hope everybody is safe, warm, and able to stay off the roads until they are safe to travel on.

• sprtphntc7a
    9 years ago

we dodged a bullet, here outside of Philly....

calling for 6-12" and we wound up with about 2, phew - thank goodness....

hope everyone up North is safe and warm :)

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

In the Seacoast area of New Hampshire, we received ~30". This is our granddaughter in the old gondola from Wildcat Mountain in their backyard.
    {{gwi:2134777}}

• phillyfeet
    9 years ago

Amanda - you had me humming the old jingle for Wachusetts mountain. I grew up in RI and remember the commercials. In NJ now and we lucked out with only 8. My parents are still in RI and had snow drifts blocking front and back doors

• carsonheim
    9 years ago

amanda and nhbaskets -- i *so* wish GW had a LIKE button! those photos are unbelievable!

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Caron - I agree.
    Last year, we had record snows but not much this year, although went up to Soo Canada and it was a winter wonderland.
    My DH following me on snowshoes. A few times, the snow swallowed my shoe and sank up to my hip and still not on Tera firma.