Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do about opening over oven where microwave used to be

Posted by cassie225 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 20, 12 at 15:55

I used to have a built in microwave over a 30" wall oven. The microwave broke and I had to buy another. Did not buy a kit to surround microwave so it looks built in again. I really like that big opening but inside of it is not finished and its plywood. Would love to keep it open and maybe set microwave up and store my cutting boards or cookie sheets underneath. Any ideas,pictures,etc about how to finish and make it look good. DH does not want cabinet doors to close in. I also have older oak cabinets(plan on keeping them,because I really love them.Oh yeah behind the microwave is the plug and electrical conduit that goes to the oven beneath.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do about opening over oven where microwave used to be

If you have a bead put around the opening it finishes it finishes it off. You could try to match the stain on the cabs. If unable to match the cabs is new micro black? Paint it to match the micro.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here