Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
niccijohn

Nice things are not just for the wealthy!

niccijohn
14 years ago

I am posting this because I just had another contractor basically laugh in my face. My husband and I started our kitchen remodel last summer and this has become a regular occurrence. They are all WRONG!

First, I was told I could not get a counter depth french door refrigerator for under $2500, Really? I got a GE Profile counter depth french door at Home Depot for $2079.89 including tax! Did you know HD has a policy that if you can find a better price, even on line, they will match it and then take 10% off? Worked for me!

Next, I was told (repeatedly) that I could not get solid wood cabinets for my kitchen for less than $4000. Wrong again! I just ordered all the cabinets (Maple mind you) for my kitchen for $3838.88. That's right people. They are made by a company called Kabinart, and there is not one piece of fiberboard in the lot. On top of that, I managed to get a 24", 33" and 36" drawer base cabinet in there and the whole thing is honeywood/coffee glazed. Same deal, I did my homework, found an internet company and then a local dealer to adjust their price.

This morning I got told I cannot afford to put in granite countertops for less than $2450 "unless it's cardboard". Watch me, I will update as I go along for all the nay-sayers and people like me.

Comments (4)