Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with members page

Posted by eandhl (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 12, 06 at 10:06

Can someone help me. I attempted to "opt out" as was posted on one of the forums. I also wanted to change my members page and "not allow emails" -- I have gone to edit my page, keep checking what I want and it just keeps showing me the form and not making the changes after I click "save the profile". Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with members page

eandhl: When you were attempting to make the changes, were you logged in?

I was trying to send an email to another member yesterday, and couldn't. Then I realized I wasn't logged in (because I keep getting booted out).

o

Yes, I am logged in.

o

The website has not been working properly for weeks, it is possible this is one of the many things they are busy fixing(that was not broken to begin with).

There used to be a box you could check or uncheck to allow emails.

o

Thanks for response, the box still remains. If I uncheck allow emails to be sent and then click save profile changes --- nothing happens. Also no response from Ivillage to my email.

o

What baffles me about all these problems is that they're all different. Some people can't log on at all, then suddenly they can. Some got an old discarded user name back and aren't allowed to use the newer one (that's me) even though they've had it for years. Some can edit their profile, some can't. Some have to log on every time.

Good luck getting any meaningful response from iVillage. It's the strangest thing, and very annoying. I just don't see how there can be so many inconsistencies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here