Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mlaj2000

Has anyone tried the eye cream Hylexin

mlaj2000
18 years ago

So has anyone tried this insanely priced eye cream that touted to be the miracle for under eye circles?

I just turned 40 and have been through a hell of a three month period. After all this stress, I really don't recognize my face in the mirror. Especially the bags and circles, AND wrinkles under my eyes.

I swear to you they were not that bad last September-- before all the crap started.

Anyway, before I invest $75.00 on a small tube of cream, I was hoping to get unbiased opinions on the product.

Thanks for your help

Comments (10)

• fairegold
    18 years ago

I'd rather put that $75 towards a good massage. Have you ever seen the book, "Don't Go To The Cosmetic COunter Without Me"?

Read this first, and you'll save LOTS of money!

Here is a link that might be useful: Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me!

• User
    18 years ago

Do you know how hard it is to find shoes to match those bags? Nearly impossible.

Good luck, it sure is fun growing old. :)

• proudmamato4
    18 years ago

I'm definately buying that book, fairegold! It sounds perfect for moi! Thanks for the info.

• mary_228
    18 years ago

Hey fairegold! Thanks a lot for that link - I just spent about an hour on it and ordered a bunch of her products! Do you use any of her line or just a fan of her book?

• mahatmacat1
    18 years ago

Her book doesn't cover the brand I have started using, Janson-
    Beckett. I have to say I'm really pleased with the results, among which is the fact that they don't make my skin break out. Seems a small request, but all other more intense systems I've used before I've had to stop, because I break out at the slightest impurity. I'm a fragile woodland flower :)

So although the wrinkles aren't completely gone, they are definitely diminished and my skin looks much better hydrated. Might want to check it out. I use the skin prep, the AlphaDerma CE, the okusil (for eyes), and am trying the DermaExcel7 and the C serum. But the skin prep and the Alphaderma CE are great. I got my first trial sizes on eBay, fwiw...

Here is a link that might be useful: janson-beckett main page

• fairegold
    18 years ago

I don't use her products, but I got one of her books a few years ago, and I probably have saved hundreds of dollars since then by NOT buying things after getting a little education!

• pebbles396
    18 years ago

After reading the book description it seems good, but I would caution you that everything she says is not indeed correct. I cannot elaborate here - however there was some untruths in her factual comparison.

I do think that overall the book looks quite excellent!

• fatlester
    18 years ago

That book has been around forever. It would be fine if we all had the same skin and reactions but we don't. I find what works for me through trial and error but it may not be what works for someone else.

I personally cannot use some product brands. I'm allergic to some that are supposedly hypoallergenic and not to others. Cannot stand certain fragrances.

The hylexin was the subject of a TV story just the other night with another product created by a dermatologist that supposedly resurfaces hands on mature skin.

If it works on you go with it. If not, return it and tell them you're allergic as many places will refund you in that case.

But overall, anything sold o-t-c (drugstore or dept store) will not have the same result as something prescribed by cosmetic dermatologists.

And nothing truly removes bags under the eyes execept, well, you know.

• sue36
    18 years ago

A friend of mine just had the surgery. She is only a few months older than me, 38, but her bags were pretty bad. There was no question that she was imagining it or over reacting. She had the surgery (which was not cheap, around $5k) and she looks great. She looks the same, but without the bags.

Heck, if I had the money I would do a full body makeover!

• mahatmacat1
    18 years ago

I'm going to be a candidate for over-eye-surgery...I dont' think I'd recognize myself if I got rid of my under-eye bags.