Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cgfp2

heating

CGFP2
10 years ago

I have a new lennox heat pump installed last week. It is not working well, and the dealer is slow to response and gives me a run around. It has been a week since the installation, I am desperate and hope to get some help. Here are my problems:

1. Inside unit is CBX 32 MV-048, 4 ton; outside is XP 14 3.5 tone. Should not the tonnage match for both inside and outside unit? Will the mismatch result in compressor failure?

2. The inside fan speed is 1425, the lowest it can go, the air flow is very strong, creates a draft in the house, and lot of noise from the vents and the returns. I held a piece paper 8 to 10 inches away from the return, the air sucks it out of my hand, the paper sticks to the return cover.

3. I have 2 zones in the house, and the dealer installed a honeywell zone board is not compatible with the Lennox. When one zone is calling the fan runs at full speed. The dealer agreed the install a Hamrnoy III from Lennox. The zone board can't reduce the fan speed, will it reduce the noise?

4. Or Is it better to switch to a CBX 27 UH single speed hair handler?

Thanks

Comments (2)