Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fchunter82

Replace Thermostat Help

FCHunter82
11 years ago

I'm trying to change out my old Trane Weathertron Thermostat with a Carrier Thermostat. Below is the information I know about both (which isn't much):

Trane Weathertron Baystat239A - Currently there are eight wires hooked up to this thermostat. Those wires are below with my understanding of what each of them are based on looking through the web.
X2 - Emergency Heat
O - Switches the heat pump from cooling to heating
G - Fan
Y - Compressor in both heating and cooling
T - Outdoor temperature compensating thermostat sensor
R - Hot power
W - Aux heat
U - No wires connected
F - No wires connected
B - Common

The thermostat I'm replacing the Trane thermostat with is a Carrier Comfort Series Non-Programmable (33CSCNACHP-01) thermostat.
Rc - 24V Cooling equipment
Rh - 24V Heating equipment
W/W1 - Heating
C - Common
G - Fan
Y - Cooling
O/B - Reversing Valve
Y1 - Not used

Can anyone help me figure out what goes to what? I obviously have very little idea about these but I'm remotely handy so I figured I could replace it myself...Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment (1)

• mike_home
    11 years ago

I am curious as to why you chose a Carrier professional non-programmable 2-stage thermostat as a replacement. I would like to help you but I can't find an installation manual. There may also be some nuances with the Trane heat pump that need to be taken into consideration.

Consider buying an Honeywell DIY heat pump compatible thermostat. They have good instruction and an 800 number help line you can call if you have questions.