Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Radiant system setup questions

Posted by mwtuck (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 14, 11 at 23:15

Hello, I have my radiant system all setup and working, but I was just curious about the best settings to run it at.

I have a 1200 SQ ft building, running 3 loops of 300' 3/4" tubing through it. I have them all on 1 zone. It is being powered by a Hydroshark SH3-10 electric boiler 10kwh. And my pump is a 3 speed grundfos pump.

My question is this: What speed setting should I have the grundfos pump set at, and what temp should I turn the electric boiler up to? It can go all the way up to 140 degrees, but when I turn it that high, it uses full power. If i turn it to about 125, it modulates, so I assume it doesent use as much power then.

I am currently running the system at about 125 degrees, and have the pump on the low speed. What are your opinions??

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Radiant system setup questions

The detailed heat loss and radiant design that should have been done to make sure the install would work will give you the water temp, flow rate and desire floor temp specifications.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here