Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnnymac01_gw

Am I getting what I paid for?

johnnymac01
13 years ago

We just had our system replaced. There seems to be some differences in what we contracted for and what we got and I just want to make sure all is OK before we make the final payment. It's not that I don't trust the contractor, but people make mistakes and sometimes things get miscommunicated.

We were supposed to get a Trane 4TWR5042E with a 4TEE3F65B and an IAQ thermostat. The outside unit is a 4TWR5042E1000AB, but because of where I wanted the air handler installed (the attic), they had to use a 4TEE3C07A1000AA instead. The heater is a BAYHTR1408+++

What is the difference between the 4TEE3C07A and the 4TEE3F65B?

Also, they installed a TCONT800 thermostat, which I have come to learn (thanks tigerdune)is not the same as the IAQ that we paid extra for. What is the equivalent Trane model number of the IAQ thermmostat?

One final question. The old insulation was supposed to be removed from the metal duct work, the seams sealed with mastic and the ducts reinsulated. From what I have read, the proper way to seal the seams is to apply a layer of mastic, mesh tape and another layer of mastic. The tech did not use the mesh tape and said he never uses it. I called the owner, who said there are 2 kinds of mastic and the kind they use has fibers in it making the mesh tape unnecessary. Is that right?

I know this has been a difficult job due to the space limitations and these guys worked hard. I don't want to nit-pick; I just want to make sure we are getting what we paid for, nothing more and nothing less. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Sorry this post is so long.

johnnymac01

Comment (1)