Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help need a quick answer, before making final payment

Posted by mea5 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 20:25

We just finished a deck rebuild. In the process and in the quote by our builder was to relocate 2 A/C units. The units have been moved, the job is complete (with the exception of the A/C being functional) The builder said he will come back in the spring, as he cannot do it with temps below 60 degrees.

Does this sound legit? How should I handle ensuring that he does come back? He is asking for final payment tomorrow.

Hope one of you experts is on tonight! Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help need a quick answer, before making final payment

He is correct in that running the AC in cold temperatures could cause damage. How old were the condensers? Moving old AC equipment is risky. You may have a leak next year. Have the units been connected and recharged with refrigerant? If you have a leak you will see it by the spring.

Ideally you should withhold some amount of money so he will have his HVAC tech come back in the spring. I think this is a reasonable request given that the job has not been completed.

o
RE: Help need a quick answer, before making final payment

Thank you for the quick response! The units are probably as old as the house 1999. We understood that there could be some risk, but it was a very bad placment for the units and the deck wa built around them. The builder wrote it into the contract that they would be back. I think they are connecting them now, but will come back in the spring to add freon if needed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here