Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
VisionPro IAQ wiring question

Posted by dhemmer1 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 18:29

I have a Ruud furnace and Heat pump connected to a VisionPro IAQ thermostat.
I have built a series of 24V relays that will switch W2(aux heat) from the gas furnace to a bank of relays that control my electric base board heat.
The system is working quite well and my question is where should I be hooking the ground side of my 24 V relay. I have the hot side on W2 and have tried the ground side on both Y and C . I currenty have it on C and have noticed that under some curcomstances the Electric heat has came on when the thermostat reads "heat on". It should only come on when the thermostat reads "aux heat on".
any comments.

Thanks Dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: VisionPro IAQ wiring question

Use 'C' for common.

The relay control should be something like '+' and '-' though I suppose it could be '1' and '2'. Anyway, one side goes to 'C' and the other to 'W2'.

The tstat just has internal relays (or semiconductor switches) that connect from 'R' to the pin (this case W2). For the relay to activate, the other side should be connected to C so that 24vac makes it to your relay.

The are you set up for fossil fuel (gas furnace) or electric? This changes how the fan operates (I think).

o
RE: VisionPro IAQ wiring question

Thanks for the conformation that I have it right.
I'm set up for gas furnace on Aux2. My relays change the wiring from W2 to the electric control when the off peak electric is available from the electric company and back to the gas furnace when the electric company switches the off peak electric off.
It seems to be working great. The fan runs all the time but speeds up when heat is called for. This is fine with me as it help keeps the heat even throughout the house.

Again thanks for the reply.

Dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here