Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
davidpj

TrueSteam Steam Hose Connection

davidpj
10 years ago

A contractor installed a Honeywell TrueStream humidifier in our home several years ago. I started looking at the steam hose connection recently and I'm wondering about the location of the steam hose on the plenum.

In the attached picture you'll see the steam hose on the upper right side of the supply plenum. Just below the hose is a zoned supply to the basement. To the left and in front of the hose is the supply to the main floor and upstairs. The plenum you see ends at the ceiling and there are no other connections to it other than what's shown. The air handler is below the supply ducts.

I'm thinking there would be better steam production to the upper 2 floors if the hose was attached directly to the supply duct to the left of the hose. I don't need steam going in the basement and usually the damper for the basement is closed anyway because the basement is heated with floor heat.

Before I spend $100 or more for a new Honeywell hose kit I thought I would ask you for your thoughts on my existing connection. Do you think this is an efficient setup to maximize steam output?

Thanks for your suggestions.

This post was edited by davidpj on Thu, Dec 5, 13 at 19:10