Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
windsbud_gw

Condenstate pump.

windsbud
10 years ago

My furnace is two years old and I only started using the humidifier about a month ago. Long story, but installer never educated me on it's use. After waking up with dry throats and bloody noses I asked my husband about it. We never had forced hot air heat prior to this house so it appears we were both ignorant about it. I took matters in to my own hands, looked around the furnace, googled a few things and got it up and running. It was great until today when I went in to my basement and had a flood. The tube from the condensate pump runs out of my basement window and extends about 18" and it froze. I pulled it in, and turned off humidifier and water supply. So I just went back to the basement and it defrosted and some water did drain out. I turned everything back on and now I see no water flowing through. The condensate pump had overflowed. I see no sort of switch on the pump. I put my hand on it and it doesn't feel like its running. Did I kill it? Is there something I need to do to see if it will work? Another thing is I heard water trickling and looked around and at the base of the furnace where the filter goes in, I see water.

Comments (2)