Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunroomguy_gw

Bryant hybrid/ evolution stat questions

sunroomguy
10 years ago

We have a Bryant Hybrid heating system with propane backup in our 1 year old new home (northern ohio). when the heat pump is functioning, the fan runs on high speed. when the propane furnace is on, the blower fan runs on low. we cannot hear it running and can barely feel any air flow from the registers. it seems to run much longer per cycle than the heat pump. the tech said it is working properly as designed. Gas furnaces i'm familiar with seem to satisify the stat in a relatively short period of time (at a higher blower speed). it would seem to me that if the furnace blower was set to medium or high, the burner would fire for shorter periods of time and would use less energy. this past summer, the AC was not cooling well so they came out and found there was a small pin hole in the line set braze. i had them out again 2 months ago (and paid a service call) to make sure the stat was set up correctly. they said it was, but we didn't realize it until a couple of weeks ago the stat was set to heat pump only- should have been set to hybrid heat. there is only one dealer in our area and we have lost confidence in their service techs. also, is there anyway to determine if the system is running low (again) on puron? when we have our grandkids we set the stat to 71. sometimes the heat pump runs for 25 to 30 minutes with the outside temp being in the low to mid 30's. is anyone out there knowledgeable and or experience in this that can offer some advise?

Comments (3)