Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can you buy HVAC putty?

Posted by shadetree_programmer (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 07 at 10:45

I've posted this under another thread and haven't been getting much success. I need to know where you can purcahse HVAC putty (not mastic or cork tape).

I've already checked a half of a dozen Home Depot and Lowe's and they don't carry it. www.uri.com usually has all the HVAC supplies I need just not this!

Any links or store names would be appreciated!

Shade

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can you buy HVAC putty?

Shadetree,

As a former Home Depot employee, Home Depot stocks this item. You can find it in the electrical department. It comes as a rectangular slab in a clear packaging. It is grey in color. I went thru the same deal when I was looking for it.

Happy Holidays

Dan Martyn

o

We call it perma gum.

o

Just curious. I haven't heard of this before. How is it used and how does it differ from mastic?

V

o

V,

This product is typically used for sealing piping penetrations. Penetrations thru the side of the house, including electrical conduit. Used inside for sealing penetrations where the line set penetrates to the DX coil. It does not harden, and is easily removed when needed. Don't get too carried away using it, it has limited purposes.

Hope that helps,

Happy Holidays!

Dan Martyn

o

around here it's called duct seal, funny as I have never seen anyone use it to seal ducts.

o

Johnstone supply

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here