Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Selling/Trade/Scrap Salvage old HVAC

Posted by RJ71 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 1:07

Hi,

I have a 12 year old Trane XL1200 which works perfect, am replacing it as part of the overall Home Energy Program in NJ. The oil furnace and oil water heater tank are also working fine, but about 15 years old.

Does anyone have any experience in getting a trade-in/scrap/salvage value when you replace the equipment? I thought the best option is to let the contractor dispose it off, am somewhat reluctant to scrap the AC which runs great. Maybe somebody can even use it?

Appreciate your thoughts,

RJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Selling/Trade/Scrap Salvage old HVAC

You have to dispose of this responsibly; it will likely cost you some money to do so.

SR

o
RE: Selling/Trade/Scrap Salvage old HVAC

You may find that your oil supplier will haul away at least the tank for free - or more correctly, in exchange for the oil and scrap.

Certainly wouldn't hurt to inquire.

This post was edited by saltidawg on Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 11:27

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here