Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trane Good Or Bad Quote Please let me know

Posted by Captgene1 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 22:37

Hi All
I am ready to install the following system.I think I got a good price after alot of back n forth.

Trane xl201
Tam8 4 Ton
XL950 stat
Perfect Fit 5 in media filter
One UV light
10KW heat
10 Yr service warrenty with Trane ,One yr free service 12 Yrs parts etc

$8700 - $1000 Trane Rebate =TOTAL $7700.00
Installer will be using same lineset ,same wires for Stat , new 2nd pan ,permit etc

Please let me know ..Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trane Good Or Bad Quote Please let me know

What is your location?

You are replacing a 4 ton system? this is a heat pump or AC condenser?

Existing lineset has been checked for correct size? Close does not count if you expect to get the rated performance/efficiency numbers that system is capable of achieving.

The price is good. I assume ductwork has been checked. If you ave any hot/cold spots in home, now is the time to address.

If I have any criticism of the XL20i, you don't get the full BTU output either cooling or heating for a 4 ton condenser, 45.5K on cooling, 44.5 K on heating. According to AHRI HP Directory. Ref #5290858.

You should confirm the ref # with your dealer.

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here