Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about high/low fire on XV95

Posted by rmrc12 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 18, 11 at 22:34

When my furnace first fires up in the morning it starts out in 'recovery' and on high fire even if the thermostat set temperature is only a few degrees warmer than my home's current temperature. My stat is a HW VisionPro IAQ. Is this the way it should operate? It was my understanding that high fire would only be needed on the coldest days. Is the stat communicating properly with the furnace or is there a way to adjust the stat to only use high fire when there is a large gap between stat set temp and current home temp?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about high/low fire on XV95

Does the furnace go to single stage after the original fire up?

o

Yes, always seems to go to high fire for most of recovery and then settles back to the first stage. The second stage will rarely come back on unless it's particularly cold out. Just didn't know if second stage should come on when the temp difference between home and stat is so small.

Thanks

o

Sounds like normal operation to me. It fires on 2nd stage to get everything heated up then drops to first stage.

o

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here