Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carrier AC - Performance Series vs Infinity Series

Posted by BrianPS (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 22, 11 at 13:38

I am starting the bid process to upgrade my 26 year old furnance and 15 years old AC. New Jersey has great rebates through the end of 2011. For the furnance, I have decided on the Carrier Infinity 95% AFUE (58MVC). For the AC unit I am looking at the Infinity Series ( 18.2 SEER, 24ANB) and the Performance Series ( 16.5 SEER, 24ACB7). The Infinity Series AC unit is an extra $2,400. I don't know if it is worth the extra money? I live in Southern NJ so AC is only used for 4-5 months. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carrier AC - Performance Series vs Infinity Series

Carrier's Performance 17 AC is just fine. Warranty is same and this condenser is compatible with Infinity Controls.

See below

24APA7
Performance
Efficiency Up to 18 SEER
Limited Warranty 10-year parts limited warranty when properly registered1
ENERGY STAR�
Details All Carrier air conditioner products achieving system combinations of 14.5 SEER and 12 EER or higher meet the ENERGY STAR guidelines for efficiency. Proper sizing and installation of equipment is critical to achieve optimal performance. Air conditioners must be matched with appropriate indoor coil components to meet ENERGY STAR criteria. Ask your contractor for details or visit the ENERGY STAR website.
Sound
Quiet Level2 As low as 69 dB
Features Silencer System II
Controls
Controls Supported Infinity� control, Edge� and Comfort� 2-stage thermostats
Diagnostic Intelligence Enhanced diagnostics with Infinity control
Technology
Refrigerant Environmentally-sound Puron� refrigerant
Compressor Two-stage Scroll
Cooling Capacity (tons) 2 - 5
Pressure Switches High and Low
Aesthetics
Protection WeatherArmor�
Construction Galvanized steel
Paint Baked-on, powder coat paint
Coil Guard Steel, louver Coil Guard
↑ Back to Top

IMO

Here is a link that might be useful: CArrier AC comparison

o

I also agree. The 24ANB is not worth the extra $2400. I live in central NJ and have a very similar set up. You will be very pleased with the comfort level of the Infinity furnace and AC in summer and winter.

o

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to go with the Performance Series. Have a great thanksgiving.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here