Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
experiences with pexheat.com

Posted by Danvirsse (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 3, 11 at 13:28

Hi, We are in the midst of a total renovation of a 1838 brick bungalow. Over the winter, we will be installing the new heating system. We are intending to use a hydronic pex radiant floor system. The majority of the project will be DIY, as DH and I both have a variety of skills. We've been considering using pexheat.com for the system design and materials. Have any of you had experiences with the company that you'd care to relate? Thanks much.

Danvirsse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: experiences with pexheat.com

Please explain pexheat. Is it hot water with the pipes under the floor and runs on an outside furnace. Thats what I have but don't know it as pexheat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Homesteading

o

1hillbilly, It will be a radiant floor heat system, but in our case, a high effeciency gas fired boiler will be the heat source. Pexheat.com is a company on the web that offers materials and design services. We were wondering if anyone had experiences with the particular company.
Thanks

o

Google the name, or try combinations like 'companyname sucks' 'companyname issues' 'don't use companyname'

I usually do so before dealing with anyone for anything major, you'd be surprised.

Having said that, you will probably ONLY ever hear the negatives, not many people who aren't shills bother to mention good experiences.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here