Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trane XV80 installation question

Posted by steve14437 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 5, 11 at 13:10

I have a used XV80 and my HVAC installer mentioned possibly venting it using a PVC vent through the sidewall of the house. However, I cannot seem to find any information about such an idea for 80% efficient units. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trane XV80 installation question

one word answer.............. dangerous

o

I found the installation manual. On page 13 is mentions a sidewall termination using an add-on draft inducer. This needs to be done by someone who knows how to this properly. I doubt you can use a PVC vent. I would think the exhaust gases are too hot.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trane XV80 Installation manual

o

oh yeah.... here they do it here with the add on draft inducer on the outside of the house but everyone I go to that has that done if its metal the flue pipe is all but rusted out ... if they try to use pvc vent it is cracked and brittle....... don't do it would be my opinion

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here