Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lineset routing suggestions needed

Posted by jfls45 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 18, 12 at 11:55

I've pulled out an old 7/8" R-22 lineset and am replacing with a 1 1/8" R-410A lineset. I'm running the new lineset myself and a local HVAC guy is going to complete the install of my new heat pump and air handler.

My first question involves bending the new lineset and installing the same method of the old: is there tool that the HVAC contractor will have to do the necessary 90 bend with the new lineset already in place in the ceiling? My thought is probably not so what about the 1 1/8 line being cut and 90 degree elbow used to bring the tube down toward where you see the old line going out through the cinderblock? I can notch out more of the hole to give more access for a brazing tip.

I am also considering running the 1 1/8" tube straight out the wall and have the bends on the outside of the house.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lineset routing suggestions needed

Muscle or a pipe bender of appropriate size.

It takes some practice to not produce a kink

o

There will have to be 90s for the bends. You will NEVER
bend a pipe that size in that small of a radius. Besides
" lazy bends " look like crap. If your evaporator is in the ceiling there had beter be a " P " trap on the line.
What is that black wire ? I can see many problems with that
installation right now.

o

What do you need 1 1/8 inches? How long is the lineset run and how big is the condenser?

o

"What do you need 1 1/8 inches? How long is the lineset run and how big is the condenser?"

That is an excellent question. Have you made sure that is what size line set you need? It is important to have the correct size.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here