Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Space Heater Question

Posted by country_bumpkin_al (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 18, 11 at 11:37

I use space heaters for heat(window unit for cooling). This heater was a Christmas gift last year, so was used only a few months. Started using it this year, and for some reason only 1 of the bricks "glows". This is a picture taken with the setting on HIGH and both bricks should be on/glowing. If I leave it on the HIGH setting, within a few minutes, the whole heater shuts off. If I have it on the LOW setting (one brick), it stays on, but the brick never glows. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Space Heater Question

Given that I am not an expert, is this a gas heater?

o

Yes it is! Guess because I knew that, I assumed everyone did! lol

o

unvented gas heater busdriver.

you should take it to gas provider and have it checked out.
the fuel line could be plugged or t-stat not working.
it may just need cleaning.
I'd have it checked out prior to using.

best of luck.

o

A canof air fixed it!!! :)

o

Good, all unvented heaters either blue flame, radiant brick or yellow flame logsets require at least an annual clean and service by a qualified gas technician. If the burner gets dust, spiders, animal hair in the burner it may burn poorly and give off carbon monoxide. Please, if you must use them, keep them serviced and clean.
Gas Tech.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here