Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water heating problems!

Posted by wzolla86 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 2, 11 at 10:30

So first I thought my thermostat for 1 zone was bad. Now, it looks like the thermostat wasn't the problem, but something else is fishy. I discovered that in my 1st floor, the heat wasn't shutting off. I went to check the taco valves, and found that on one zone, the taco lever was set to "open" so I closed it. The heat in the living room seemed to dissipate. On the third floor, where I was originally having problems, I was getting heat in 1 room, but not another and they are supposed to be in the same zone. Now, when I try to bleed that zone, nothing comes out except a short trickle of water. This is new, and I don't know if it's related to me touching the taco valve, which I thought was on another zone. Does anything here sound familiar, any tips you guys can give? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water heating problems!

Not enough info. How many zones? Do you have a valve for each and one circulator for the whole system? "...seemed to dissipate" is not really good enough. Operate each zone and feel the pipes. Figure out what zones are operated by each t-stat. Try to trace out what your individual loops heat by inference.

o
RE: Water heating problems!

If the 3rd floor is using the same zone valve as the first, doubtful, you won't be able to bleed the zone with the zone valve closed, unless the thermostat is turned ON and the zone valve is activated.

What is the pressure reading of the boiler? Sometimes the fill valve is closed and there isn't the required 12 pounds of pressure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here