Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barryg1_gw

Hydronic Floor Radiant Heat Help

barryg1
9 years ago

Hi - I have forced hot water baseboard heat in my house. We put on an addition, and added baseboard in all the rooms except the bathroom. In the bathroom, we installed hydronic radiant floor heat. No other heat in the bathroom. I just have a regular, nonprogrammable thermostat in the bathroom (like other thermostats in rest of house) that is about eye height. We want the bathroom to function like the rest of the house in terms of heating - stay at constant temperature. May want it to go up and down from time to time. Noticed when try to heat up the room from 65 to 70 -- after 90 minutes, could only get the room to 67. Maybe it takes a long time because it is radiant...? Also - because it is Radiant, will it overshoot the thermostat? Also - let's say it eventially the temperature drops once it reaches 70 (say maybe to 69....seems like it would take a long time just to heat up again to 70) ....but then again overshoot. I guess I am just trying to find out how people use radiant heat is their main source in bathroom when rest of house is baseboard. Am I thinking about things wrong? Do I need a special thermostat?

As reference, Bathroom is about 12 x 12, minus a corner - so about 120 sqft. There are 3 windows in the bathroom. Ceilings are pretty high - maybe 11 feet.

Comments (2)