Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
broken ac duct work.

Posted by rbg2 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 19, 11 at 1:46

At my rental house (split level home) the renters broke loose the duct work under the house in the crawl space. Did not let me know for a week at least and yet let the A/C run constantly for a week. (This was in hot part of June/July) The duct work in the house in basement area started to condensate and wet the sheetrock. Could this broken duct work have caused this problem since it ran the A/C for a week straight? They kept thermastat below 70 and said they kept lowering it to see if it would cool.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: broken ac duct work.

Probably froze the evaporator coil causing some leakage. How do you know they broke the duct? Sounds like you have maintenance issues as opposed to tenant issues. It falls on landlord to take care of his equipment not the tennant unless its in the lease. Sounds to me like you are trying to charge them for the problem.

o

The answer to your question is sure it could have caused the problem.........( the condensation due to the broken duct work). But I am more curious about why, or how the tenants would have broke the ductwork in the crawl space.

o

ductwork in crawlspace often comes apart due to
poorly sealed & strapped ducts.
gravity is the another factor.

o

"gravity is the another factor."

Damn you Mr. Newton.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here