Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brenzo77

Need help with hot water heater

brenzo77
12 years ago

I really hope somebody here can help me. A week and a half ago I woke up to no hot water. After doing a bit of research online I decided the replace the thermocouple on my gas hot water heater becuase the pilot light wouldn't stay lit. I don't know much about this kind of stuff but found step by step instructions online to fix the problem. I replaced the thermocouple and it worked. The hot water heater worked for about a week and again today I woke up to no hot water. The only thing I noticed that was different than before was that when I relight the pilot light the flame seems to flicker orange flames rather than the nice blue flame that I had before. I really don't have the money to replace the hot water heater right now. Any Ideas? Should I try and replace the thermocouple again? Could the pilot light be dirty somehow? How would I go about cleaning it if tht is the problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The cold showers are quite invigorating in the morning, but it's getting a bit old. Thanks ever so much for you help in advance.

Comment (1)