Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HP / gas furnace quote: opinions please

Posted by Chazbo54 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 18, 11 at 22:43

Indianapolis, IN. 2000 sq. ft. house, tri-level built around 1955, and not the best insulated (cathedral ceilings and lots of east-facing glass. I have some quotes coming in the next few days and want some opinions as to their merits/value. All seem to agree I need a 3 ton for cooling and around 100,000 BTU for heating. So here's the first:

$7587 (energy credit will be $500 I think)
QuietComfort VS 95 Series Gas Furnace with 2-stage operation and variable speed comfort. Make: Heil
Model: H9MVX100 �10 year No Hassle Replacement� limited warranty gives you a replacement unit if the heat exchanger should fail within the first ten years. �Lifetime limited warranty on the primary and secondary heat exchanger. �10
year limited warranty on all functional parts.
COMPLETE INSTALLATION OF EVAPORATOR COIL, CASED AND PAINTED MAKE: HEIL MOD: END4X36 WARRANTY INFO: 10 YEARS IF REGISTERED
COMPLETE INSTALLATION OF ULTRA-HIGH EFFICIENCY HEAT PUMP WITH PURON (R410A) REFRIGERANT. Make: Heil Mod: NXH536 �Scroll compressor for quiet, efficient operation �Solid-state control with time-temperature defrost
�Environmentally sound R410A refrigerant �Efficiency rated for lower operating cost �Energy-saving 15 SEER �10 year limited warranty* on all functional parts.
TH8320U 1008 HONEYWELL VISION PRO THERMOSTAT, MODEL: TH8320U 1008, WHITE, TOUCH SCREEN WITH DUAL BACK LIGHT.

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HP / gas furnace quote: opinions please

Chaz

I'll make some general comments and observation.

First what size AC and furnace are you replacing?

Heil is one of the HVAC companies part of the ICP family. While there is a business connection with Carrier, Heil is not Carrier.

It is difficult for me to believe you require a 100 KBTU furnace. I would want to see a Man J in writing to support that. In the old days, it was quite common to oversize HVAC; energy was cheap and more was better. Not true on either account today.

You could get better performance/eff numbers from that HP condenser with a different size coil according to the AHRI HP directory. Your dealer should know this. That HP condenser does not have electronic demand defrost which is a good feature and better than time defrost.

The HW VP stat mdl 8321 is preferred over the 8320 for better AC dehumidification in the summer.

Has dealer quoted a whole house air filter cabinet? I recommend that you have one.

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here