Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carrier Infinity T-stat Question-Filter Used %

Posted by goddi (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 5, 08 at 22:31

Greetings,
I just had a Carrier Infinity system installed with the Infinity T-stat. I am trying to learn/understand its functions.
When I try the Check System Status, it shows "Filter 80% Used". It has only be a couple days of use. What is this telling me??? I reset it back to 0% today so I will see what happens later. But what is this suppose to tell me and why would it say 80% with a brand new filter??? I happened to come across this 80% figure when the installers were here but, then, I could not relocate where I had come across it, so he went in and reset something...apparently not the Check System Status setting.
Thanks... Gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carrier Infinity T-stat Question-Filter Used %

Can you see what the static pressure of the system is from the control? I'm not very familiar with Carrier's Infinity system (pros on hvac-talk.com are, if you care to register there and ask--I vaguely recall a similar question to yours), but I wonder if it has something to do with the TESP (total external static pressure) of the system.

o

ryanhughes...
Yesterday, I reset the "Filter 80% Used" back to 0% and, as of this morning, it has stayed on 0%.
Here are the readings with the heat pump (on heating):

Fan-Low
Airflow CFM=923
Blower RPM=517
Static Pressure=.16

Fan-High
Airflow CFM=1528
Blower RPM=829
Static Pressure=.38

Maybe the 80% was there during installation and needed to be reset to 0%???
Gary

o

Static readings are fine. Must have been a glitch or something. Check the progress over the next month or so. I assume this is a media filter.

o

Thanks... I'll report back if I come up with anything.
Gary

o

Greetings,
I called Carrier today to see if they could explain some settings on the Infinity Controller, but they don't have any technical support people!! They said to call my installers. So I did and they have the "Presidents Award" seal. So you would think they could answer my questions.

I asked them what is the difference between the "Filter Used 80%" figure (which I reset to 0% a couple days ago) and the "Filter 3% Used" I find under Advanced/System Maintenance.

He thinks the "Filter 3% Used" relates to 3% of the 6-month reminder period. But has no idea why the system would have show "80%" or how it relates to the "3%" figure of what the "80%" is telling me.

I was also told somewhere that the controller will detect when the static pressure at the media filter gets too high and notify me so I can change the filter. But he did not know much about this. Any ideas about this function??? I'd like to have the 6-month notification AND an indication of the static pressure at the filter. Is this possible???

The installer said he will get back to me. But I wonder if anyone out there can explain these issues to me.
Thanks... Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here