Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dsc3507

Trane XR95 Single stage verses XV95 dual stage.

dsc3507
12 years ago

I am having a completely new heating system installed in an existing home. Current ducting and furnace are in a poorly accessible crawl space. The new furnace will be installed in the living space and ducts will be in the attic. This is a single story home located in Cape May, NJ. It is about 1200 square feet.

I have many quotes on the job and I am about to select a dealer that sells Trane. The quote is for the XR95 furnace single stage furnace 80K BTU. I have the option of the XV95 two stage at an additional cost of $1000.

The furnace will be located in a laundry room that is adjacent to the master bedroom. My thoughts are that the two stage would be running on low most of the time and thus produce less noise. The XV also has a better warranty and seems to have better reviews (for whatever they are worth)

The dealer is not trying to push the XV. He said the payback would be longer than the life of the unit. I am not so worried about payback as I am about noise and quality of heat. I am also adding AC so that may factor in also.

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on this?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz