Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Goodman mini split overshoots set temp

Posted by bpricedo (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 21:48

I have a bonus room over the garage that I had mini split installed to heat and cool the space. Since install, if it is in cool mode it will over cool the space so I have to set the thermostat to 78-80F to make it bearable (not too cold). However I lived with it over the summer. Now that it is winter, I have the thing turned down as low as it will go (62F) and it is unbearably hot in the room.
I know the thermostat is in the remote but no matter where I place it the result is the same. I have put new batteries in the remote as well with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Goodman mini split overshoots set temp

Check the installation manual for programming modes. My mini-spit has options to overshoot or undershoot the programmed temperature. In addition I have to program it to listen to the remote or the temp. sensor on the unit. Your installer may have programmed your unit wrong. If you can't solve it, call up or e-mail the manufacturer directly and ask them what could be the problem.

o
RE: Goodman mini split overshoots set temp

It appears I forgot I had asked this question here so I am just now coming back to it. Anyway, nothing in the manual about programming. I have called Goodman and they will not provide any tech support or troubleshooting to a homeowner. My installer who admitted he does not have much experience with the mini splits, says Goodman told him the circuit board is bad and the entire unit must be replaced which seems ludicrous.

Any other ideas?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here