Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heating SYstem

Posted by BarryDennis (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 11 at 20:05

I live in Massachusetts and was quoted the following and wonder if the pricing is fair and if you have any suggestions.

AMerican Standard AUH2B080A9V3VA for my total 1900 feet
installed with a AS coil 4TXCB036BC3HCA. Will add the rest of the air conditioning system in the spring.
Price is $4834 including tax, permits etc. IS this
fair, good or high pricing. It is a 2 stage system.
Includes AS 602 digital thermostat. Is this a good thermostat or should I use another? What should it cost when we put in the air in the spring. It is a 3 ton coil. New to this don't know all that I should put down.

Thaks so much

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heating SYstem

Barry

Good HVAC.

Nothing special about pricing. You will pay more by installing in stages.

What mdl AC condenser do you plan to install in spring? I recommend the AS Allegiance 15. Size 2 1/2 or 3 ton?

I recommend a good 4-5" box filter cabinet. It should be installed with the furnace. I like the AS perfect fit filter cabinet.

I prefer Trane's 803 thermostat or the very identical and less expensive HW VP mdl 8321.

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here