Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carrier system air handler question

Posted by aliensweetie (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 18:49

I have a condo with an old system I was wanting updated I have gotten several quotes from different companies ,,My first question is for my unit which has the air handler in hall and is a 2 ton system I have a size issue my current handler is a lindell or something which they don t make anymore I have two model numbers to replace smaller ssystem one is vlx-24-2y-16-G10 and the other model number is ff1enpo25010 either one would connect to condensor 25hcb324a003,,one guy wants 5400 for the vlx and the other one is 3900 for the ff1en.. why the big price difference. I have a trane quote for the 13 seer but they move the handler to garage attic..it is 5700 . out of all the quotes these are the ones I am pondering ,,being a woman in the world makes it a little harder to understand..I am planing on moving in a couple of years is why i am only replacing with a entry unit.. I live in tennessee which has mild winters as well..thanks need steering help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carrier system air handler question

The VLX is an AllStyle brand air handler, not made by Carrier. The FF1 is a Carrier brand air handler, same as the outdoor unit. I can't explain the price difference. Not like the AllStyle air handler costs much (if any) more money than the Carrier. I would want the matching Carrier air handler. The AllStyle air handler will likely work fine, although I can't find any ratings on that matchup, if there are any. It was likely used due to the small space constraints.

o

Thanks for info so the carrier one which is quite a bit less is really better ..can you find any ratings on the the Carrier FF1 and outside unit? Yes it was used cause of the current Lindell was installed when built and is smaller..several installer s had a cuse word or two over that one..I am planning on moving in a couple of years so moving to attic would have been best choice ..can you believe it was only 300 more dollars for a trane 13 seer moved..from carrier allstar quote..pays to shop around..

o

Here are the ratings for the 25HCB324 with the FF1ENP025 (the 010 at the end of the model in your quote is just the electric heater size):

11.5 EER, 14 SEER, 8.2 HSPF
22,600 btuh cooling capacity
23,600 btuh heating capacity

Do you have more details on the Trane quote? Model numbers, what's included, etc.? You are right, it is certainly good to get at least 2-3 estimates to compare solutions and products.

o

Yes it s a trane xr13 --size 024 shp..quote 5882.. mote replace hvac necessary drywall acces and repairs..includes all labor taxes and material..thanks for asking.. the carrier with small handler was 3900 so ..big difference..with relocating to attic..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here