Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
are these estimates high

Posted by nvdv (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 18:11

Recommended Equipment
Hi Below is the estimate I got for two HVAC units and ducting work on our house. I have received estimates from 15K-33K Big range! Obviously equipment is a factor. Just wanted some guidance. I am a complete newbie and have no idea what I am looking at.

Option 1 BEST This system qualifies for a MFR rebate up to $2000.00, DWP rebate up to $860.00, So Cal Gas rebate up to $400.00
(1)SLP98UH090V60C Lennox Signature Series modulating furnace with 98% AFUE rating and variable speed blower motor.

(1)SLP98UH070V36B Dave Lennox Signature Series modulating furnace with 98% AFUE rating and variable speed blower motor.

(1)XC21-060-230 Dave Lennox Elite Series 2 speed condenser unit rated at 5 tons of capacity

(1)XC21-036-230 Dave Lennox Elite Series 2 speed condenser unit rated at 3 tons of capacity

(1)CH33-50/60C-2F Lennox high efficiency evaporator coil rated at 5 tons of capacity

(1)CH33-44/48B-2F Lennox high efficiency evaporator coil rated at 3 tons of capacity

(2)PCO Lennox "Pure Air" filtration systems

(2) R-6 Attic mounted re-ducts for the upstairs and main attic areas of the home.

(2)ICOM Lennox Premium "WIFI" touch screen thermostats
TOTAL CASH INSTALLATION CONTRACT PRICE including 10% customer discount ��$33,800.00
Yes, I would like to use Option #1 indicated above

Customer�s Initial & Date

Option 2 BETTER This system qualifies for a MFR rebate up to $1000.00, DWP rebate up to $800.00, So Cal Gas rebate up to $400.00
(1)EL296UH090XV60C Dave Lennox Elite Series 2 stage gas heating furnace with 96% AFUE rating and variable speed blower motor.

(1)EL296UH070XV36B Dave Lennox Elite Series 2 stage gas heating furnace with 95% AFUE rating and variable speed blower motor.

(1)XC16-060-230 Dave Lennox Elite Series 2 stage condenser unit rated at 5 tons of capacity

(1)XC16-036-230 Dave Lennox Elite Series 2 stage condenser unit rated at 3 tons of capacity

(1)CH33-50/60C-2F Lennox high efficiency evaporator coil rated at 5 tons of capacity

(1)CH33-44/48B-2F Lennox high efficiency evaporator coil rated at 3 tons of capacity

(2)HC16 Lennox Merv16 rated pleated filtration system

(2) R-6 Attic mounted re-ducts for the upstairs and main attic areas of the home.

(2)CS7000 Lennox touch screen digital programmable thermostats.
TOTAL CASH INSTALLATION CONTRACT PRICE including 10% customer discount ��$28,217.00
Yes, I would like to use Option #2 indicated above

Customer�s Initial & Date

Option 3 Good This system qualifies for a MFR rebate up to $600.00,
(1)SL280UH090XV36B Dave Lennox Signature Series 2 stage gas heating variable speed furnace with 80% AFUE rating 5 ton

(1)SL280UH070XV36B Dave Lennox Signature Series 2 stage gas heating variable speed furnace with 80% AFUE rating 3 ton

(1)XC14-060-230 Dave Lennox Elite Series condenser unit rated at 5 tons of capacity

(1)XC14-036-230 Dave Lennox Elite Series condenser unit rated at 3 tons of capacity

(2)F100 Honeywell Merv10 rated pleated filtration system

(2)CS7000 Lennox touch screen digital programmable thermostats.
TOTAL CASH INSTALLATION CONTRACT PRICE including 10% customer discount ��$24,145.00
Yes, I would like to use Option #3 indicated above

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: are these estimates high

You were quoted 8 tons of AC cooling! How big is this house and where is it located? Did the contractor show you a Manual J (heating and cooling load) calculation? Also why a Merv 16 filter?

It is difficult to comment on the price of the equipment with the duct work included. Is this new construction?

o
RE: are these estimates high

and why 80% heating?

more info needed.

best of luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here