Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Controlling a Single Stage AC with a 2 Stage Thermostat

Posted by wstemple (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 17:53

I just got a new 2 stage furnace.Updated the Thermostat wiring to 7 conductor and bought a Pro1 T715 Multi-Stage stat prematurely. Seems like the stat will ONLY work with a 2-Stage AC. Is there any way to wire this to my unit, or do I need to buy another stat?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Controlling a Single Stage AC with a 2 Stage Thermostat

I think you can. Connect the AC to the Y2 connection and change the swing setting to 0.4 degrees. The second stage AC (Y2) will activate at twice the swing setting which would be 0.8 degrees. If the set point is 75 degrees, then the AC will turn on at 75.8 degrees, and turn off at 74.2 degrees.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here