Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
italiacook

Crazy week! Plz help with Bryant vs. Honeywell Thermostat

italiacook
11 years ago

Hi Gardenweb experts,

I need your help.

We are trying to choose between a Bryant Evolution thermostat or a Honeywell Prestige (8000 - I think) thermostat.

We are purchasing a Bryant 80,000BTU modulating 987MA42080017 gas furnace and a Bryant 126BNA036 16 SEER 3 ton airconditioner. Also getting a Honeywell Humidifier True Ease.

Crazy time -- Sewer system backed up, plumbing issues and then our 18 yr old Lennox Pulse Furnace had it's safety check and we were told that the heat exchanger didn't hold the 10 min. pressure check - only 2 min. - so there is a problem with the heat exchanger:( After 5 bids from different companies we are going with Bryant and the company has better reputation for service here than the competitors. . Overwhelmed with thermostat choices.

We read the stats in brochures. What are the major differences and any pros out there have problems with either one of these? Living in a small community. Installer/sales guy says that Honeywell easier to find parts than the Bryant and it allows us to check on house via remote technology. Any problems with either one of these or suggestions as to a different one? Any ones to avoid?

I need to get back to them soon. Thank you so very much!

Comment (1)