Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch geothermal?

Posted by mmks (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 16:58

We are rebuilding after a fire, and we just go our bids back and they are for a 2 stage Bosch. We have been able to save the foundation, and the vertical wells that we had for the geothermal are ok. I have never heard of Bosch in the geothermal, we are going with a different company to do the work and I just wondered about the opinions here for Bosch Geothermal, I did a search and there wasn't much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch geothermal?

Bosch bought Florida Heat Pump and rebranded it as Bosch Geothermal et voila!

SR

o

Is that a good system? I am just nervous because even though I showed them what was there by pictures and such they seem to be going lower end on much of the stuff in the estimate, and I just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case with the geo system.

o

"Is that a good system?"

It's more important how it's installed. You need the details of what was originally installed in the ground and the details of the load characteristics of your new home to determine if additional ground loops need to be added.

What do you mean by, "they seem to be going lower end on much of the stuff in the estimate"?

Seek other estimates. Learn from other contractors; know what goes into a well designed and installed system - do your homework BEFORE you sign!

SR

Here is a link that might be useful: International Ground Source Heat Pump Association

o

What Model Bosch is proposed ? They are all perfectly good , but as someone above stated it's only as good as the installer and method of installation .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here