Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johndee22

Thermostat for 3 zone hydronic and forced air?

johndee22
10 years ago

Conditions:
1. 3 zone hydronic floor heating, 3 zone pumps, 1 primary pump. Lochinvar Knight 155 mod-con. Basement slab, 1st floor and 2nd floor (extruded plates, insulated). Oversized boiler because of drive-under garage that might get additional modine heater. And global cooling on the way...
2. 3 zone forced air heat and cool. Trane XV95 (2 stage), 3.5 ton AC, ultra-aire dehu.
No controls installed yet. House is very well insulated. Leaning towards Honeywell Tru Zone.

No idea if such a thing exists, but here it goes:
1. Centralized (if possible) - 1 nice display panel, with multiple sensors for multiple zones.
2. Operating both forced air and hydronic. And dehu/circ. Trane furnace has variable speed fan and electronic cleaner that can circulate at very low speed, all the time.
3. Wifi enabled so it can be tinkered with from sofa or 2,000 miles away.
4. Forced air would be used between April and October (cooling June-Aug) and radiant November-March. Although recirc through forced air would be nice year round. So forced air mainly for cooling and late Spring/early Fall supplemental heat and possibly emergency heat if boiler fails.
5. Would love good reporting feature, like Ecobee.

Above alone might give me a negative answer on 1 centralized unit controlling everything.

If that's the case, and I have to use separate controls for hydronic and forced air, I would like to see my options too.
I know I can make it happen with hydronic on it's own and forced air alone, but i bet there are some new fancy products I am not aware about plus I would still like to control air quality (humidity/circ when hydronic runs on it's own and when we use just the wood burning stove)