Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pyrochief

Price to Replace System with XL14c or XL16c

Pyrochief
11 years ago

Need some help from the forum regarding replacing an existing HVAC system. I have an extensive background in electronics systems and work with government contracts so I'm familiar with cost estimates and profit margins, but I have no real experience with costs to replace home HVAC systems.

Presently, we have a Goodman 4 ton Heatpump with electric backup. This unit is about 6 years old and the AC part works OK, but my family is just not happy with using the electric backup and the heatpump puts out dismal heat below about 35-40 degrees. Our house is about 2200 sq ft, and located in Norteast North Carolina.

Received quotes below for a replacement system.

1. Trane XL16c - Total price after all rebates and discounts = $12,275.00 (add $400 if we finance @0% for 60 months)

1- Trane 4DCZ6048A1096B XL16c 2 stage Hybrid Gas Package Unit 16.0 SEER/ 12.0 EER/ 9.0hspf

1- Trane TCONT 803 Thermostat

1- Trane TAYWAR10 10 year parts and labor warranty

1- One year maintenance contract 2 visits

*- Connect using all existing ductwork

*- Replace existing wood frame ground support stand with new salt treated boards and install plastic isolation pad

*- Run propane gas line from HVAC unit to gas company meter

*- Reconnect existing electrical

*- Install new wallshield and seal wall joint

*- Repair minor rodent damage on existing flexible ductwork under crawlspace

2. Trane XL14c - Total price after all rebates and discounts = $10,975.00 (add $200 if we finance @0% for 60 months)

1- Trane 4DCY4048A1096B XL14c 1 stage Hybrid Gas Package Unit 14.0 SEER/ 12.0 EER/ 8.0hspf

1- Trane TCONT 803 Thermostat

1- Trane TAYWAR10 10 year parts and labor warranty

1- One year maintenance contract 2 visits

*- Connect using all existing ductwork

*- Replace existing wood frame ground support stand with new salt treated boards and install plastic isolation pad

*- Run propane gas line from HVAC unit to gas company meter

*- Reconnect existing electrical

*- Install new wallshield and seal wall joint

*- Repair minor rodent damage on existing flexible ductwork under crawlspace

I am primarily interested if these prices seem fair and reasonable. Any comments welcome on the application or systems quoted. Believe the Trane discounts expire tomorrow (31 OCT), not sure if they will extend these or come up with new ones.

Any help much appreciated!

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler