Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TigerDunes & Weedmeister take a look at this? Manual J

Posted by CigarLover (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 14, 11 at 16:30

First off thank you Weedmeister. You have brought up a great point about the desired temperature to be set at 80 instead of the norm of about 68. I'm thinking that changes the Btu calcs substantially? Also thank you & Tiger for clarifying the facts about "Demand Defrost" being built-in to some mfg. HP's. I have made a note about that when shopping for the new HP System. I want to do the Manual J seperate from my Hvac contractor so that I can double check the numbers. I found this web-site that will do it providing I supply them the information from the home. They charge $75.00 & then email you the load calc breakdown. I'm fine with paying that to get a second look. Here's their web-site, tell me what you guys think? Please Google ManualJDoneforyou. Thanks a again for all this help.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TigerDunes & Weedmeister take a look at this? Manual J

Cigar

I was unable to find that Man J site. Perhaps you can provide a URL link.

Here is another Man J residential software that you might consider that I am familiar with.

IMO

Here is a link that might be useful: Man J Software

o
RE: TigerDunes & Weedmeister take a look at this? Manual J

Since you would need to do measurements, and record other observations, why not save $25 bucks and do it yourself. Follow Tiger's link.

Once the information has been entered, you can do 'what if' scenarios (changing parameters) to see how a proposed system would perform or the effects of upgrading windows/insulation, etc.

V

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here