Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lennox G71MPP-60D-135 Furnace Shutdown

Posted by del7901 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 24, 10 at 15:46

We have a new (MAY09) Lennox G71MPP-60D-135 furnace which has been problematic, but likely because of poor installation. The latest problem is that the furnace shuts down after about 15-20 minutes of use (the error message is E-225: High Pressure Switch Failed Open). The technician (the third of three who have come out to examine system problems) says that the fault is likely caused because the input and exhaust piping is too small (2" rather than 3"; the piping was not replaced when the old furnace was). Rather than shell out another $1000 (or more), is this the likely reason for the system to shut itself down?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lennox G71MPP-60D-135 Furnace Shutdown

I had the same furnace installed in oct 2010 and I have the same problem. My vent pipes were replaced so it is not that. Is there something wrong with the high pressure switch? They replaced it but I am still getting the code.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here