Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
insullating in wall ac

Posted by jleek (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 14:49

As with most people the price to heat my home with oil is now out of sight. I have two air conditioners built into the walls of my home. One down stairs and one up. When originally installed I had "covers" made for each, however, come spring it was a "bear" to get them off, hence have never put them back on. Both ac are located so as they are unaccessable for me with a ladder to cover them from the outside. Any good solutions for covering from the interior? Much appreciated. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: insullating in wall ac

I would think of making rigid foam box covers. Be sure their edges are well sealed to the wall. Ive had good success with the blue painters tape which can be easily removed come cooling season. Iam sure you could dress them up with some fabric or other covers. Maybe the interior design folks could help with that.

I would explore an air sealing campaign focusing on the basement/crawl, attic ceiling plane and penetrations.

o
RE: insullating in wall ac

thank you Springtime............that basically is what I was thinking was my only option. Good thoughts on the painters tape.....that I had not thought of!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here