Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shouldibuild

Strange Humidity reading

shouldibuild
10 years ago

We installed new Trane units up and down last month. All has been trouble free until today.

I checked the readings on my phone a short while ago and the upstairs humidity was reading 68% while the downstairs was reading 48%. Temp was at 74 degrees on both.

I dropped the upstairs temp to 72 just to see if I could lower the humidity. The humidity actually went up to 71% for a few minutes but has proceeded to drop to 65%.

The only thing unusual about today that I am aware of (I am not home presently) is that our painter is back doing touch ups (we just bought the house and remodeled before moving in) and he needed to paint around the upstairs t-stat.

Could anything the painter have done by painting in general or painting near the T-stat cause the humidity level to spike - perhaps causing a false reading? Anything else that I should check.

Today it is overcast and the outside temp is 66 and the outside humidity is 76%. Prior to today, the upstairs and downstairs have stayed at around 47-50% and within 3% of each other.

Comments (2)