Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wood and Gas Furnace question

Posted by ACE_0220 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 31, 11 at 11:18

sorry if this has already been asked/answered, not finding this specific topic anywhere...
house just built and moved in to this year. wood furnace tied into gas furnace via 8" line to gas unit's plenum. all aspecta of both systems work fine (gas furnace works, central air worked this summer, wood burner and blowers work fine, etc.). My problem is that when buring wood, the gas unit's blower wont kick on while in the "auto" setting. I am basically setting the thermostat to heat and setting the temp to 60 with the fan setting on "auto". i am then burning the wood with hopes that the gas unit's plenum will heat up to the point that the fan will turn on. ultimately, and regardless of how hot the plenum gets, the gas units fan doesnt kick on and i have to manually turn the switch to "on" as opposed to "auto". Wood burner is USSC 1557m, gas unit im not sure on but looks like Johnson Controls model TG9S*MP.

any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wood and Gas Furnace question

I doubt the fan in your gas furance will just 'automatically turn on' by sensing the heat in the plenum above the gas furnace.

You need to have some type of connection between your wood furnace and gas furnace to turn on the fan on the gas furnace when the fan is blowing on the wood furnace into the plenum.

I would think that an HVAC professional could make this happen pretty easily.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here