Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessica420

Sour smell in home. is it from my natural gas or propain heaters

jessica420
10 years ago

I recently moved into my home about 3 months ago. Had the carpets profecinally scrubed. No new remodleing. I am a very clean person. no dishes left in sink, laundry done, exc. I live alone, no kids and no pets. This is my first home that has ever had natural gas and propain for heat. I have resurched it a lil and they discribed natural gas smell as rotten eggs. witch i dont think its quite that kind of smell. I honsestly can describe it any other way then sour. I have co2 dectectors in every main room in my home and have not had a problem. i did however recently buy a use propain dryer and the smell is stongest in my laundry room. But my laundry room is very sucluded and closed off from the rest of my home. If im in my home for a while i cant smell it. but if i leave and come back after a few hrs after i walk in the door its like a slap in the face. Its inbarrising if i have visitors cuz i know they have to be able to smell it. Im honestly at a loss of what i should do or what i should be looking for.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz