Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
butchmo_gw

New propane line question

Butchmo
9 years ago

My old propane line (5/8 copper tubing) from my tank to the gas range was run underground then up through the crawl space, but I've done a major remodel and don't want the propane line in the crawl space anymore. Makes me nervous. Instead I'd like to run new copper tubing through schedule 40 electrical conduit (I'm thinking 1 1/2 inch conduit) attached to a deck structure that runs parallel to the foundation. Don't worry, I'm not planning on doing the final hook ups myself, but asked the propane dealer what type of copper tubing to use and whether I could run the lines through the conduit myself and leave enough copper sticking out for them to make the final connections. He said this would save me a lot of money by running most of the line myself. However, it wasn't clear to me where the copper will come through the wall into the kitchen (and has to make a 90 degree bend from going up the foundation vertically, to horizontally through the wall) whether a regular sweep would be appropriate, or whether there is some kind of 90 elbow fitting that would ordinarily be used to make that sharp turn? Obviously, that would be something for the gas man to do but I want to have the appropriate size hole through the wall ready for them. Yes, I could bother him again but he's hard to get ahold of and I thought I'd try here for some info. (I considered CSST line but would rather use copper after reading about some of the problems with CSST and lightning strikes causing holes.Thanks.