Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bryant vs. Amana? At What Price?

Posted by GaKo (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 6, 11 at 23:48

Hi,

I'm looking to do a complete change-over on a 1953 house in Southern California. Have an old Lennox system that doesn't work and looking to replace with Bryant Preferred Series or Amana.

House is ~1350 square feet at the base of the mountain. Average monthly cost of gas ~ $100/mo. Only use AC July - Sept about 10-15 days per month.

Got a quote for the following Bryant units for $7000 installed; including complete replacement of all ducts, 2 new returns, 2 new vents, removal/disposal of all old junk, permits, running of gas from closet (old unit is in closet) to attic, primary/secondary drains, and Herts testing.

Model # 126BNA048000 (4 Ton 16 Seer) condenser
Model # 353AAV04890 (90% 90,000 BTU) furnace
Model # CNPHP4821ATA (4 Ton matching coil)

I didn't find anything specific about this equipment, but read some reviews that prefer Amana over Bryant.

What are your thoughts on above equipment and price? Would you go w/ this deal or go for Amana? If Amana, what should I expect to pay for similar features?

Thanks a lot!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bryant vs. Amana? At What Price?

GaKo

My initial reaction to your post is the Bryant system quoted is grossly oversized.both heating and AC.

What are your current size both furnace and AC?

I prefer Bryant over Amana. However, I am more concerned that you are sized correctly.

How would you characterize the insulation qualities of your home?

Your heating fuel is nat gas or propane?

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here