Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trane XV95 - Smells like defrosting fridge

Posted by christenw (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 12 at 20:30

I have a Trane XV95 furnace/air conditioner, 2 years old. It has recently been blowing out air that smells like an old refrigerator (freezer) when you had to defrost it manually. I removed the panel and the coils are not frozen. The condensate line appears to be working, but not as much liquid seems to be coming out of it as usual. The filter is not clogged up. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing the defrosting smell?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trane XV95 - Smells like defrosting fridge

An inspection of evap coil should be made.

IMO

o
RE: Trane XV95 - Smells like defrosting fridge

I checked the evaporating coil. Other than it not being frozen, what else should I look for? I didn't notice the smell around it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here