Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heating and air conditioning

Posted by flipavon (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 19:50

I just had a blower door test done and it showed
2223 pa50 after air sealing and the addition of blown in cellulose insulation added to the attic and exterior walls. Using the formula (2223)(60)/16664 cu feet
= 8 ac/hr. The home is a single story ranch.
Are my calculations correct, or are the ac too high or low?
I am located west of Cleveland, OH. Thanks,

Flip

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heating and air conditioning

what is sq ft of your home?

o

The home is 2073 sq ft.

I should have said that the final door blower
test result was 2223 cfm50. The door blower test
result (before air sealing) was 3331 cmf50.

Thanks, Flip

o

I just bought a house which has central air and heat. The central air works great but I turned on the heat today because the temperature in the house was 63 which is far to cold for me. I have had the central heat on turned up to 70 for half an hour now and it has only gone up to 64 in the house which I think is probably more to do with my slow cooking dinner than anything. I'm concerned that the heating isn't working. Can anyone tell me if there is something I need to do to the furnace before using the heat like maybe a switch to flip or something that I wasen't made aware of? It will be winter in a couple of months and I need to figure this out before it gets to cold outside and in.

o

Kimv28, start a new thread with the same information and include the outdoor temp.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here