Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ibewye

Looking for the latest on heat transfer plates

ibewye
10 years ago

I've decided to install the pex tubing for my radiant floor heating system in my new home, to be clear-a contractor is going to make all the connections and plumb in valves, headers, etc. I'm just doing the tubing. After alot of searching it seems as if there's a huge divide in regards to the use aluminum heat transfer plates. It seems to be agreed that they do improve efficiency and make a difference but a varied opinion on whether you'll notice or have any problems without them. I'm hoping for any suggestions that would help make a decisions. I live in northeast, will be heating with geothermal heat pumps at 120 degrees, upstairs will be under carpet. 1st floor a combo of carpet and hardwood.
Also trying to determine the best method for new construction, I'm planning on attaching to sub-floor from underneath but I read about the "sandwich" method which seems easier to laydown but labor intensive and expansivene due to the keepers that would have to be installed. Also the thought if installing a floor over top terrified me.

Comments (2)